This news will come as no surprise, but we are, sadly, unable to announce our amazing award winners in the same fantastic ceremonial style as usual.
Although our finalists won’t be attending a gala dinner this year, we are doing our very best to ensure everyone is made to feel as special as they deserve to be.
So here’s what’s happening…
- You’ll see a selection of wonderful videos that showcase our finalists’ achievements appearing across our social media from around the third week of September.
- Category winners will be announced via a private video conference event with the category sponsor and a small audience.
- Before Christmas, each individual winner and category sponsor will be presented with their trophy at a small celebratory lunch.
- Each of these events will be followed by a stream of social media announcements so that you can join us in congratulating each winner.
- You’ll be able to access a commemorative digital brochure as a reminder of all this year’s superb finalists.
- When we arrange our 2021 Awards event, all of our 2020 finalists will be included in the glittering event – something for everyone to look forward to!
General the Lord Dannatt GCB CBE MC DL, President of the Soldiering On Awards, has said,
“Decisions like these are never easy, however given the current landscape we simply cannot risk holding our gala awards evening this year. The health and safety of our community remains paramount. The different channels we will use this year to announce the winners does not mean the achievements of any of the finalists are any less remarkable. As ever, we extend our thanks to everyone in our tremendous and resilient community and have a special thanks for the continued support of our sponsors during this time.”
Don’t forget to keep an eye out for social media and website updates, and please share the news of this year’s winners to give them the recognition and fanfare they deserve!