- You should have received a QR-coded Guest Ticket on Friday, December 10th by email. You will need the QR code to enter the event. Please either print your QR code before the event or have the electronic version on your mobile.
- On Monday, December 13th you will receive a link via email with instructions on registering a Covid-19 test result. You will be required to provide digital proof of either a negative Lateral Flow or PCR test.
- If we have not heard from you by the date on your invitation email, then we will assume that you and your guest(s) are unable to attend.
- Please ensure that all the details that you give us on the form are correct, as this is what will appear not only on the tickets for yourself and your guests, but also on our guest lists, and banquet table place cards etc.
- They are non-transferable invitations must be formally accepted using the links provided. You cannot simply pass your ticket on to someone else. If you are no longer able to attend please let us know as soon as possible on email@example.com
- Please keep your QR Code email safe as this will be what you will need to have scanned upon arrival at the venue.
Health & Safety Guidelines:
As advised by the UK government, The Soldiering On Awards team, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge staff and all our suppliers are committed to keeping guests and one another as safe as we can. All of us can play our part by exercising common sense and considering the risks. These are steps everyone can take to reduce the risk of transmission:
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, even if they’re mild, should not attend. They should self-isolate immediately and get a PCR test, even if they’re fully vaccinated.
- If someone has been instructed by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate they must self-isolate and not attend. Please refer to guidance for households with possible or confirmed COVID-19 infection
- People should wear a face covering in enclosed and crowded spaces. People are encouraged to respect other guests and those working at events who may wish to adopt a more cautious approach. Please refer to the government guidance on how to stay safe and stop the spread of COVID-19 for further information and the actions to take to reduce the chance of spreading COVID-19.
In line with previous correspondence sent to all Gala Celebration guests last week, we would like to reiterate the measures that will be implemented for the event next week, which are in line with current UK government guidance:
- Every guest attending the Soldiering On Awards must provide proof of a negative test result that needs to be taken within 36 hours prior to the event. You will be informed about the procedure to upload the required proof via email on December 13th from firstname.lastname@example.org on behalf of Soldiering on Awards Team.
- You will not be allowed to enter the venue if you fail to provide a negative test result.
- You must be wearing a face covering when attending the event and in public areas of the hotel. You do not need to wear a face covering in the area wholly or mainly used for eating and drinking.
- Anyone with a Covid-19 symptoms or positive test result should stay at home and self-isolate immediately.
- Please ensure your hands are frequently cleaned. Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the venue.
- Please respect appropriate social distancing whilst moving around or queuing within the venue; with all guests but particularly guests you do not know.
- The Soldiering on Awards team will carefully observe any changes to government guidance and will reserve the right to update the advice and conditions of entry nearer the event.
- Black Tie or Military Mess Dress
- The Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel has provided a limited number of rooms for Soldiering On Awards guests at special concessionary rates. This rate is available until 12th November 2021.
- Please click here to reserve your room at the Park Plaza. If you wish to reserve a room by telephone, please contact hotel reservations on 0333 400 6114 and use booking code SOA21.
- There are several other hotels nearby to suit a variety of pockets, including: Park Plaza County Hall situated just across the road, Park Plaza Waterloo, Marriott County Hall, Travelodge, Premier Inn.
- For serving and former members of the Armed forces, rooms are also available at the nearby Union Jack Club. For reservations please ring 0207 928 4814.
- However, there are a number of Car Parks within walking distance of the Hotel Parking close to the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge
- There is no public or disabled parking at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel itself.
- How to get there & nearby Hotels
- Please remember – if you bring a car to the event, you may need to pay the London Congestion Charge Paying the Congestion Charge
Security and I.D. Requirements
- Entry to the Awards will only be permitted to those people whose names are on the list held by the Security staff on the door,
- You will be asked to show your QR Code (don’t forget – invitations are non-transferable)
- You should expect to be asked to show proof of identity.
- You will therefore, need to have a form of photo ID with you. We suggest either a current passport or photo Driving Licence
- You MAY be subject to a random security check using a metal detecting “wand”
- Due to the security arrangements, there may be a queue at the door. Please allow an additional 10-15 minutes just in case.
- If you, or any of your party, need assistance to attend the evening, please let us know via the appropriate section on your registration form, or via email@example.com.
- If the requirement is only for someone to assist you getting into the building and the Banqueting Suite, we will be able to arrange this for you, so long as we have advanced notice.
- Similarly if you have an assistance dog, please let us know so that we can make the appropriate arrangements by using the section on the acceptance form.
- If you require a carer to come along with you, they too will need to have a named invitation. Please ask firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Special Dietary Requirements
- If you, or any of your party, have any special dietary requirements please remember to let us know by completing the appropriate section of the acceptance form.
- Beverages – each banquet table will be provided with FOUR complimentary bottles of Wine – 2 red and 2 white.
- Additional beverages for complete tables may be pre-ordered. If you would like to order additional beverages, please contact us on email@example.com and we will send you the order proforma.
COVID-19 Event Policy and Guidance
- The health and well-being of guests is of primary concern and the measures implemented at the Park Plaza Hotel are outlined below and are in line with current UK Government guidance and industry events best practice. The Soldiering on Awards team will carefully observe any changes to guidance and will reserve the right to update the advice and conditions of entry nearer the event.
- All guests attending the Soldiering on Awards must provide proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test to be taken the same day as the event or 24 hours before. Please ensure you submit your negative test results 24 hours before the event.
- If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org